Monday, June 20, 2005

Insobriety of Biblical Proportions

Yesterday morning at church, the congregation recited Psalm 69, of which verse 12 includes this lyric:

...and the drunkards make songs about me.
Man, did that ever ring a bell. Early last year, a Chad the Elder from Fraters Libertas made a song about me. Hugh Hewitt calls the Elder and his crew "drunks" every chance he gets. HH has even gone so far as to make it appear that the Governor of Minnesota calls the Fraters a bunch of drunks. (Tim Pawlenty has since denied this.)

Just for good measure, I ought to point out that I was named after the Psalmist. So, by stretching logic to the most painful limits imaginable, I can conclude that not only is a nationwide talk show audience convinced that Chad and the Fraters are drunks, and that the Governor of their own state has implied on said talk show that they are drunkards, but...

...the drunkenness at Fraters Libertas is a biblical truth.

(This is why you should never let me write biblical commentaries, kids.)

No comments: