Monday, June 06, 2005

The Master Returns

In the three weeks since Revenge of the Sith was released, I have seen the movie twice: One with spouse, once with sons. In all likelihood, I will go to see it again with the next week. I have daughters who have not seen it yet. Needless to say, I am a Star Wars fan.

Of course, part of the fun of being a Star Wars fan is criticizing George Lucas for perceived flaws and inconsistencies in the prequel trilogy. If you analyze the movies scene by scene and even line by line, you can spot as many anomalies as you do tie-ins to the originals. I admit that I enjoy bad reviews even more than good reviews.

The best and funniest Star Wars criticism can be found at the Chef Elf website. He found 78 reasons to hate Episode I. Then, he came up with 64 reasons (plus a few additions) to hate Episode II. Episode III has provided him with a whopping 91 reasons to inspire animosity among the faithful.

He is only posting about ten per week. The wait for each installment is going to drive me crazy. If laughter is the best medicine, then Chef Elf's Star Wars site is a virtual apothecary of humor. Check it out.

No comments: