Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Doctor My Frames

Finally I have this glasses thing figured out. The lenses are fine. I just needed a couple of days to adjust to the new prescription.

There are, however, two problems: one, the frames need to be adjusted, because they move around like an unwilling dance partner; and two, the building where I work uses fluorescent lighting. I never had this problem until the last time that I got new glasses. When I walk through the building, I keep having to concentrate extra-hard in order to see things clearly. Outside, everything looks nearly perfectly clear. Natural light is the only good light for me until I can adjust to the indoor lighting.

Either way, it looks like I am going to be paying a return visit to the lady who called me "Honey". I can't say that I look forward to it. She was very good about helping me select the right frame for my face, even to the point of suggesting something cheaper than what I was going to pick. But when I went back to try on my new glasses, she and another lady made a big deal about how quickly they came in and barely gave me a chance to try them on.

Today I will make them take the time to do this the right way.

No comments: