Thursday, July 07, 2005

You Knew I Was Crazy When You Married Me

How far does a man have to go in order to prove his undying devotion to a woman?

How about pouring gasoline all over himself and setting himself on fire while standing atop a big Fourth of July banner?

About 100 people gathered to watch Todd Grannis perform the flaming stunt on Monday, which involved wearing a cape soaked in gasoline.

Grannis climbed up a 10-foot scaffold, was set on fire and then plunged into a swimming pool, dousing the blaze. Emerging unscathed, he got down on one knee and proposed, as a friend standing nearby slipped him the engagement ring.

"Honey, you make me hot," he told his sweetheart, Malissa Kusiek. "I hope I'm getting the point across that I'm on fire for you."

So this is what he does to prove his devotion to her before they get married. A relationship is something that constantly needs to be worked on. Does he have to keep doing stuff like this to prove his devotion? "If you really love me, you'll eat a bug."

Kusiek, who has been dating Grannis for several years, said "yes," but added that she was a little angry because of the danger.

"At first I was mad, because I thought, 'He's not a stuntman,'" Kusiek said. "Then, of course, the tears started flowing. Of course I said yes. I was so thrilled."

You might also mention that he is very unstable and might do something really crazy if you don't marry him. Like set you on fire.

This man is 38 years old. He is one year older than I am. This is the kind of thing that a 24 year old would do. Whatever makes you feel young, I suppose.

No comments: