Friday, August 12, 2005

Dark But Clean

Since I'm back online this week, I decided to take the Friday Fun Quiz recommended by Doug. (Link to quiz at the bottom of this post.) It looks pretty accurate to me.

the Wit
(66% dark, 26% spontaneous, 15% vulgar)
your humor style:
CLEAN | COMPLEX | DARK




You like things edgy, subtle, and smart. I guess that means you're
probably an intellectual, but don't take that to mean pretentious. You
realize 'dumb' can be witty--after all isn't that the Simpsons'
philosophy?--but rudeness for its own sake, 'gross-out' humor and most
other things found in a fraternity leave you totally flat.

(I'm not totally put off by gross-out humor, but I do have my limits. This sounds accurate.)

I guess you just have a more cerebral approach than most. You have the perfect mindset for a joke writer or staff writer.

(So where do I apply for those jobs?)

Your sense of humor takes the most thought to appreciate, but it's also the best, in my opinion.

(Yes, I have an exceedingly hard time getting people to understand most of my jokes. It reflects lack of intellect on their part.)




PEOPLE LIKE YOU: Jon Stewart - Woody Allen - Ricky Gervais

(I really liked Woody Allen before he started getting more "serious" and also more political as time went on. Jon Stewart I have never found funny, and I wish I had seen The Office more than once so that I could appreciate Ricky Gervais's talents. British comedians are funnier than Americans.)

AND FINALLY -- after you rate my test with a sweet, sweet '5' -- you must take this test next: The Genghis Khan Genetic Fitness Test. It's not mine, but it rocks.

(Not unless Bogus Gold recommends it next Friday.)

(Cool! I get a room next door to Doug. He can provoke me into saying something witty.)

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on dark
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 0% on spontaneous
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 16% on vulgar
Link: The 3 Variable Funny Test written by jason_bateman on Ok Cupid
Yep, that's me. The dark side of humor. Or should I say, humour.

No comments: