Monday, October 03, 2005

Money? Never Heard Of It

Last month, I received my annual raise at work. My employer gives cost-of-living raises, with slight adjustments on the basis of merit. Needless to say, my percentage was relatively high. That ought to make me feel comfortable, right? I can try paying down some of those credit card balances that I've been running up for the last few years.

Oh, crap. Maybe not. For years, I prided myself on paying off my balance each month. But family expenses and a career change got in the way of that.

So what else do I have to look forward to?

Chopping firewood and making everyone in the house wear two extra layers of clothing, I guess.
Why does my gas company have to be the one with the highest increase? I might end up sleeping out in the snow just to keep warm.

I don't know if I will ever make more than $30,000 a year, but at the rate things are going, I'll be worse off that when I was making less than $20,000.

No comments: