Monday, October 24, 2005

Who Cares?

NZ Bear has called upon bloggers to make a simple statement concerning the nomination of Harriet Miers to the US Supreme Court. I wasn't impressed when the President announced the nomination, but I didn't really have much of a problem with it, either. Certainly not optimistic, but not pessimistic either. Call me cautious.

No, Miers does not have the same kind of experience that current justices have. Yes, she is a little too close to the President already than a lot of us are comfortable with. But she is a trained legal mind, and she is still the nominee. Either way, BFD.

In other words, I am neutral on the Miers nomination. Leaning towards oppose, but I just can't get all hot and bothered like some of my peers. I can understand their position, though. Check back in two days, maybe I will have changed my mind.

No comments: