Monday, November 14, 2005

Caught In The Draft

Okay, I'm back. There were all sorts of interesting local news bit that I wanted to blog about over the weekend, but I got too distracted by the present that showed up in my Inbox on Veteran's Day morning.

Ancestry.com has released the complete database of World War I Draft Cards, completely searchable and with downloadable images. Good thing I bought an external hard drive last week, or I would be out of room to store these digital documents.

If you're the sort of person who likes to organize and categorize a collection of whatever it is you like to collect, then you will understand why I've been so obsessed and occupied with this for the last three days. And I'm only halfway through. But I feel that I owe my devoted readers, all four of you, something new to read when you pay me a visit here. I've been neglecting my duties as a host.

And hello to everyone who comes here via image searches for pictures that I linked to at other people's web sites.

No comments: