Saturday, November 26, 2005

Post-Thanksgiving Recovery Report

My apologies to the 3-4 regular readers of this blog who might have been checking for something new the last couple of days. Something came Thanksgiving came along, and it involved spending half of a day cooking a turkey, stuffing, carrots, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, applesauce and cranberry sauce. There was some kind of parade on television, and cold white stuff all over my front yard. It was a strange experience.

For the first time in over ten years, we cooked Thanksgiving dinner at home. The in-laws moved out to the left coast, and no one else was going to invite us over for the holiday. For once, we got to stay in the house and have our own celebration for a change. I liked it. I want to do it again.

Except for the metabolism part, that is. I had exactly ONE serving of all the above foodstuffs except for applesauce. There was pumpkin pie and apple pie for dessert. We finally ate some pies one day later, when my stomach was more relaxed. Gone, I'm afraid, are the days when I could pile additional helpings on my plate and clear the whole thing off. I'm eating less and gaining more. Sometimes it stinks to get old.

Next task: Starvation! Use the money I save buying less food in order to be able to afford more Christmas presents! It'll cut down on the weight gain.

No comments: