Friday, February 24, 2006

Out Of The News

Hands up! Who else grew up in the 1970s watching CBS's "In The News" segments during Saturday morning children's programming? You never saw the reporter's face, but you knew the voice and the name.

That reporter, Christopher Glenn, has retired from CBS News. Quite frankly, I didn't even realize he was still at CBS. He's been doing a lot of radio work over the years. I do not remember the last time I heard a CBS radio news program. But if I had heard his voice, the memories would have come flooding back.

Of course, he has also appeared on television, but not on anything I would have watched at the time. It's just as well. I would never be able to associate his voice with a human face. I got used to the funky spinning eye-globe thing on the television when he was speaking.

There's nothing like one more layer of your childhood getting stripped away. At least it's not an obituary.

No comments: