Friday, March 17, 2006

Big Food! Sauce-quatch!

Come on, think of some good nicknames for this monstrosity:

Monday evening, the Guinness Book of World Records will send their emissaries to confirm that "The Big One" at Mama Lena's Pizza House in McKees Rocks really is as big as they say it is. The Big One is a 150-cut, 53 1/2-inch, $99.99 pizza -- and it's on the menu now.

Just one thing -- order in advance, please.

Well, now I know what to do with next year's tax refund. Is it just me, or does the combination of phrases like "The Big One" and "in McKees Rocks" make anyone else think of an organized crime boss? If I made a monstrosity huge pizza, I would call it Sauce-quatch. But then, I've never lived in McKees Rocks. The name reflects the culture.

"It takes about 15 pounds of cheese. It's got about a gallon of sauce, 20 pounds of dough."

Man, thatsa lotta dough. Does this pizza keep well in the refrigerator overnight? Or over week? If I lived alone, I could order one of these and not have to eat anything else for over a week, possibly two weeks.

What prompted the pizza chef to go for the gusto?

He remembers the attention paid to the world's largest hamburger -- newspaper covers, MTV, "The Today Show.
Ah yes, I remember that burger -- I read about it on some blog on the internet. At least the pizza is not expected to be eaten in one sitting. Someone will try, someday. Mark my words. Just don't expect it to be me.

1 comment:

jipzeecab said...

Stow-Rock's HS football team(?)..of course there's that whole choice of toppings thing..