Friday, March 10, 2006

Holy Frackin' Cow

Season 2 of the new Battlestar Galactica is over, and I've gotta say, Ron Moore and his cohorts really know how to leave us hanging. I didn't see that one coming. It was intense in a way that I haven't seen in a television show in a long time. One of the show's strengths (along with acting and scripting) is its utter unpredictability.

It has impressively taken its cues from current real-life events without getting too derivative. For instance, in the vote counting scenes, I knew that something was up even before the ballot tampering was revealed. I fully expected to hear Gaeta utter the words "hanging chads". Thank you for not disappointing me.

You know what would disappoint me? If the last fifteen minutes of tonight's episode turn out to be a dream sequence by a snoozing Baltar. That would frackin' suck.

New episodes to come in October. Meanwhile: New Doctor Who starts next week!

No comments: