Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Who Do You Think I Am, Anyway?

Why, with a blog name like this one, I'm a Mad Monarch, of course:

I'm Ludvig II, the Swan King of Bavaria!
Which Historical Lunatic Are You?
From the fecund loins of Rum and Monkey.

I suppose it's worth pointing out that my great-great-uncle Karl, back in the 1880s, was a royal tax collector for the Kingdom of Bavaria in a Rhenish district. This means that my family helped fund the construction of Mad King Ludwig's big fancy castles -- by taking other people's money. Sorry about that.


(Via SCD.)

1 comment:

jipzeecab said...

This one turned out to be more interesting than I thought:
I am Joshua Abraham Norton, the one and only Emperor of the United States.
I ruled unchallenged for 21 years, from 1859 until my death in 1880. As I did this from the streets of San Francisco noone in Washington DC, obviously initially preoccupied with a civil war seemed to care. However I was a major celebrity in SF.
When I died my funeral cortege was of 30,000 people and over 2 miles long. The Funeral was also marked by a total eclipse of the sun...