Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Something Is Rotten In Switzerland

Ben Roethlisberger went all the way to his ancestral homeland to cut the cheese. Hah! No, literally. I have to admit I'm a little envious. For the last fifteen years, I have been wanting to visit my ancestors' hometowns in Germany. There's no telling if I will ever get the chance.

Of course, if one of my kids becomes internationally famous and makes a lot of money, he or she is going to go and I will force him or her to take me along for the ride.

3 comments:

jipzeecab said...

His great grandfather came here 123 years ago..
Do you think they might close the schools when your kid takes you over there.?..
On another note..why is there suddenly the universal handicapped symbol next to the word verification blank now?..

Nicko McDave said...

His family has been here almost as long as mine.

They might close schools if my kid goes over there, but that might be a security precaution until police forces have swept the area for any trace of him.

Apparently the handicapped symbol is for the visually impaired to click on so that they can hear the word. Pretty good move, I'd say, since some of those verification words are tough enough to read with glasses on.

It's just funny that the wheelchair guy represents visual impairment.

jipzeecab said...

You know that is helpful because sometimes you can't tell which letter they mean..
It turns out they are reading "numbers" instead of letters so I've tried typing the numbers in..And it worked!