Friday, June 23, 2006

Chicago Safe

If, as I suggested in my last post, the long-awaited earthquake along the San Andreas Fault finally drives California into the sea WHILE I AM THERE, I can take comfort in knowing that I will have several hours of daylight to kill near Chicago Union Station as I await a transfer to an LA bound train. I can see Lake Michigan, catch a glimpse of the Sears Tower...heck, maybe even visit the Sears Tower with the wife and kids if we have enough time. It's safer than traveling across a great rift in the earth, right?

Uh-oh.

(CBS News) MIAMI Seven people were arrested Thursday in connection with the early stages of a plot to attack Chicago's Sears Tower and other buildings in the U.S., including the FBI office here, a federal law enforcement official said.
The crazies are after me, I can tell. Every stop on my trip is fraught with danger. This is a nice relaxing trip with the family?

I hope my wife understands if I spend the entire vacation in bed with the covers pulled up over my head.

No comments: