Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Blogging Up One's Thought Processes

Mobil of Mobil's Jipzeecab has tagged me with a meme that began at this post a few days ago. I, in turn, have to "tag" five other blogs. Let me just say here and now that I am not a chain letter freak, and I wish no one ill will of any kind should they choose not to respond to this meme. But I hope that you will take it as a compliment that I think highly enough to point you out as one of the "5 Blogs That Make Me Think". Ready? Here we go:

  1. Shot In The Dark -- Mitch Berg is one of the most interesting people I've had the pleasure of meeting, both online and (once) in person. If you read him daily, as I do, you feel as though you've known him most of your life. As an inner-city conservative living in Saint Paul, Minnesota, Mitch is something of an anomaly -- but that's what makes him worth reading for his take on "Politics and Current Events in Minnesota and Beyond".
  2. Nihilist In Golf Pants -- Many a true word is spoken in jest. If I had more time, I could give a list of eleven reasons why this is true for NIGP, Sisyphus & Co.
  3. The Kool-Aid Report -- Welcome to the land of talking foul-mouthed chimps, moron mail, and righteous right-wing indignation. Why is Learned Foot wasting his time working as an attorney when he ought to be blogging full time?
  4. The People's Republic of Pittsburgh -- A deceased former naval person offers an antidote to the leftist spin that permeates local media reporting. If he ever starts his own newspaper, I want to write for it!
  5. Blonde Champagne -- Mary Beth Ellis is a writer and competent college professor. Not only is her blog a delight to read, but she also writes for money. She's a nice Catholic girl (Republican style) who is in the process of getting married to a Lutheran. I'm a Lutheran who married a nice Catholic girl (Democrat style) a long time ago. MB frequently makes me stop and wonder what my life would have been like had my wife been a Catholic Republican instead of a Catholic Democrat. We'd probably have more to talk about, and I'd probably feel more comfortable setting foot in a Catholic church.

There are plenty of others who warrant a mention beyond those listed above, but the rules of the meme limit me to five, so there you have it.

No comments: