Thursday, February 08, 2007

Rise & Expansion

Since I started blogging a couple of years ago, I have been disappointed by the lack of good right-of-center blogs in the Pittsburgh area. It's not that there aren't any out there; it's just that they're hard to find, or they simply cease to be.

Things have been looking up lately. With the debut of The People's Republic of Pittsburgh last fall, we have an insightful conservative take on city politics. I have a hard time getting interested in Pittsburgh politics because I live outside of the city, and everything has been coming up Democrats since Franklin D. Roosevelt was president. Admiral Turner has to live with it. His blog is a daily read for me.

Another excellent blog that debuted recently is Campaign 2008. The author, Stephen Maloney, brings a wealth of experience in both the academic and corporate sectors to his writing. He excels at critiquing public health policy, John Murtha, and the Pittsburgh Psychosis-Gazette. I look forward to his articles on other topics in future posts.

With serious, well-written, prolific blogs like these, I'm sorely tempted to just sit back and read other people's blogs.

1 comment:

Richmond K. Turner said...

Well, thank you. I frankly hadn't stumbled into your blog until it was mentioned in the City Paper article. I'm really sorry to have missed it until now.

Anyway, thanks for the plug. I'll certainly return the favor and read your blog on a daily basis, too.