Friday, March 02, 2007

I Am A Smart American!

Via this site, I came across a ridiculously simple quiz.

You Are a Smart American

You know a lot about US history, and you're opinions are probably well informed.
Congratulations on bucking stereotypes. Now go show some foreigners how smart Americans can be.

On one hand, I am quite pleased with myself for acing the quiz and getting all ten questions right. On the other, this quiz was so embarrassingly easy that I feel bad for our country. I mean, think about how many American people aren't going to get it right! Shameful.

At least I'm smarter than they are!

3 comments:

hammerswing75 said...

Yeah, that was pretty easy. Ok, embarrassingly easy. But me smart two!

Michael said...

Hello this is Rinsem from Rinsem's Rink and I thought this was just an easy quiz until I started asking some people around me if they knew the answers and they couldn't come up with them!

It is a sad state of affairs when people do not know the basic information that our country is founded upon.

-Rinsem

Nicko McDave said...

Hi Rinsem! Thanks for dropping by.

Yes, this quiz really lowered the bar. I'm heartened by the kind of history that my 5th grade daughter is learning in her cyber charter school class. She's getting a full year of detailed US history of the sort that I don't remember learning until 8th grade.

My elementary school didn't teach much history at all. I'm glad to see that some institution out there has standards.