Monday, May 21, 2007

The Right Way To Enjoy A Chocolate Fountain

The first time I saw pictures of chocolate fountains, I was awed. There was something a little too civilized about it. Surely we are meant to hold a cup underneath the cascading falls of cocoa liquid and drink what falls therein. But no. It's all about poking things with a stick, getting a little bit of chocolate on them, and nibbling them with dainty little bites.
I experienced a chocolate fountain at Easter 2006 when a relative treated my family to a fancy brunch at a nearby hotel. I could have skipped the rest of the breakfast and just hung out by the fountain all day. But I didn't. It was too civilized a setting for me to really enjoy it the way I would have liked.
Fast forward to today. I have discovered a short film that is a true marvel that exposes the inner workings of the human mind when affected by the presence of chocolate. This is what we ALL want to do. Admit it.
<
That man is something of a minor culture hero in my book. Everyone wants to do it, but only he had the balls to dive right in. Yes, I would have done exactly as he did, except that I would have peeled the banana first.

Next time I see a chocolate fountain, I am just going to go nuts with it like the man in the movie. He lights the path to chocolatey righteousness.

No comments: