Friday, August 24, 2007

Uncool Album Cover

This is the cover of the classic album that I've been listening to this afternoon:



It's an unusual picture. The five members of the band who recorded the album and toured in support of it are depicted in unique artistic form. It's not the best album cover art I've ever seen, yet it is not the worst either. One this I can say with conviction is that it is certainly the hairiest album cover pic I've ever seen. The music, by Blackmore and Co., makes up for this odd sketchwork.

Plus, it has Ronnie James Dio. You can't go wrong with Dio.

The picture still bothers me, though. I can't help wondering if someone, somewhere, go this tattooed on his back. And that makes the image even more disturbing.

It's enough to make me want to go listen to Joe Lynn Turner-era Rainbow.

No comments: