Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Senator? We Have a Senator?

I listen to Rush Limbaugh, at most, about half a dozen times a year. Back in the early 1990s I listened to him every day and also stayed up late to watch his TV show. At the time, Rush was the only big time alternative media available. In the 21st century, I have a vast selection of information sources, both mainstream and alternative, at my disposal, primarily via the Internet but also through dozens of cable channels. Add to that the fact that I now have a day job rather than an off-hours retail job, and I don't follow what Rush has to say about much of anything. The only time I hear anything that Rush says is when a bunch of clueless idiots have a nationwide hissy fit about some supposedly controversial comment that he has made.

Naturally, the loons take it completely out of context and convince half the country that Rush needs to make amends for saying something that neither said nor implied. This cheeses me big time. I'm not sure which is more outrageous: The fact that these creeps openly belie someone's words, or that they can convince the vast herd of sheep into believing it without showing accurate proof.

The worst part of this made-up controversy is the letter signed by forty-one United States Senators demanding an apology from Rush Limbaugh. All of them are Democrats, but not all Democrats signed the letter, which makes me believe that there may yet be hope for some of the folks on the other side of the fencepost. I shall reserve my anger for the 41 individuals who affixed their names to the noxious epistle.

In particular I shall feel scorn, revulsion, and maybe a modicum of outright hatred for the one name on the list that hits close to home: The Junior Senator from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, one Robert Casey, Jr. I still do not know what this guy is doing in the U.S. Senate. He's at his best when he's keeping quiet. (By contrast, his predecessor, Rick Santorum, lost because he did not keep quiet enough.) When Bob Casey does say something, I feel like I need to do a Google search to see if someone like Hitlery Clinton made a similar or identical statement the previous day. What does Casey really feel about the "phony soldiers" controversy? As of the time of this post, there is nothing on his Press Releases page about it. I suspect that signing the Limbaugh letter is his way of going along to get along. Does anyone really believe that Casey listened to the full segment of the Limbaugh show so that he could craft an informed opinion? Or that he bothered to read a transcript of what Rush said? I doubt it.

Casey's sycophancy aside, at least he's being his usual quiet self otherwise. Harry Reid and Tom Harkin, on the other hand, make me want to go out and buy a punching bag. POW!

1 comment:

jipzeecab said...

He showed up long enough to sign the stupid letter...our tax dollars at work!