Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Or Maybe He's Too Creepy To Vote For

Depending on how the other candidates do in the primaries, I might change my mind about voting for "None of the Above" (i.e. Ron Paul) on April 22. It's not so much the recent revelation that he has "baggage", as it were, from the 1990s; it's the fact that someone out there would connect him to the world of fright and mystery in a Google search.

On the other hand, I might need to reconsider Giuliani, who thus far has not been a favorite of mine. This search actually makes him sound rather cool.

On a semi-related note, have you ever noticed how much John McCain looks like Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica? I spotted the resemblance the other morning while watching C-SPAN. Not surprisingly, I'm not the first one who made the connection. I watched him addressing an audience's questions for over an hour just because I needed a BSG fix. Yes, I'm that desperate for quality TV. The presidential election just ain't gonna cut it.

No comments: