Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Scream For Me, Long Beach!

(This post is dedicated to Learned Foot, who graciously allowed me to retain my place on his rainbow.)

Happy happy joy joy. Sometime this summer, my family will be going on a repeat visit to the locate we visited two years ago. This one should last about a week longer than the last. I expect to be able to spend time lingering around places I was only able to glimpse in passing the last time around. Like, for instance, this unusually painted cylindrical structure near the Pacific Ocean:


I assumed it to be some sort of big aquarium. What else would an oceanside building adorned with depictions of marine life be? Fool that I am, it took me nearly twenty months to figure out what I had photographed from a moving vehicle.

I am ashamed. I should have known what this place was before I saw it live and in person. Here's video footage of the inside:


Yes, it's a mortuary that specializes in ancient Egyptian style funerals.

JUST KIDDING! It's actually the Long Beach Arena, or as I like to call it, the LIVE AFTER DEATH ARENA. I've owned the audio of the show on CD for about sixteen years, and now I want to get the recently released video before I go out there again. It will put me in the mood. I'll get so carried away that I might get arrested for yelling "Scream for me Long Beach!" everywhere I go.

Which would be cool.

No comments: