Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When Will I Die?

Inspired by this post, I decided to seek out and complete an online longevity quiz. I chose this one because it was the first thing to come up in Google.

Perhaps I should mention, for background purposes, that the last -- and only previous -- longevity quiz I took was about 3 years ago, at a time when I was under considerable stress and had not been diagnosed with, and treated for, hypertension. It determined that my life expectancy was something like, "already". I'm sorry to say that I can't recall what that quiz was; if I could, I would take it again to see if I've extended my time on Earth beyond "today".

Considering that I have made dietary adjustments, have been taking medication and supplements regularly, and even thrown in a modest bit of routine exercise, I figured that now would be a good time to test it again.

The results were much better this time around. According to this Life Expectancy Calculator, I ought to be able to live to age 83! That gives me more than half of my lifetime to pay off my debts. And I will probably need it all, too.

If I can lose a few more pounds, I could be looking at age 90. The Grim Reaper seems like a really cool guy, but I'm in no hurry to meet him. Unless he is really a she, and she looks something like this. In that case, Death can not come too soon.

3 comments:

jipzeecab said...

According to the "Merck Manual" there's a 40 % chance I've already died!

jipzeecab said...

This test says I'll make it to 78, with lifestyle changes to 95...of course it didn't ask about the condition covered in the merck manual.

Nicko McDave said...

Whoa! I guess I can say, in all seriousness, that you really have something wrong with you, man!