Monday, August 25, 2008

I Overspent On Vacation, And I Need Cash Now

Recently I took a three week trip to the west coast. For the most part, I was a charity case: Relatives put the family up in a guest house for the entire stay, and gave us the airplane tickets as a gift. I paid for a 21 day car rental (a PRIUS, baby! ha ha!), some groceries and dining out, souvenirs, and a few other minor expenses. Three weeks of minor expenses turns into one big expense when the credit card bill arrives. Suddenly, my big tax refund looks like small change. And my sizable stimulus package from earlier in the summer? Like it never existed. Vacation is expensive, even when someone else is footing the bill for you. Bottom line: I need cash now!

Fortunately, I learned from watching one very entertaining television commercial about 50 times a day that I just need to call a toll free telephone number and I can GET CASH NOW!

There is one slight problem: I do not have an annuity, structured settlement, or any kind of long term payments. If I call JG Wentworth, he will hang up the phone and laugh at me -- not necessarily in that order.

Still, even if he can't help me with my expenses, I can still sing along with his commercial -- even if I'm alone in my car, fifty miles from the nearest television set. Because the song is just that catchy.

No comments: