Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Three Are Down To Two

Bit of bad news this morning:

WPXI announced yesterday that morning and noon anchor Newlin Archinal's last day at the station will be today.
This sucks! I love the WPXI Morning News. It's the only newscast -- local or national -- that I watch on even a semi-regular basis in the Internet Age. I can get the weather, the traffic, and even a bit of general goings-on as I'm headed out the door to catch my bus. Not only is the information well-presented, but the visuals are fabulous. And when I say "visuals", I mean what I like to think of as The Triumvirate of Beauty: Newlin Archinal, Krista Villarreal, and Trisha Pittman. Those ladies are awesome. They look good, they sound good, and they have good personalities. They carry out their on-air duties without coming off as stiff and serious, or frivolous and silly.

More importantly, considering that television is a visual medium, they are all gorgeous. I love being able to sit down with my breakfast and have those three lovely ladies smiling and talking to me. It makes me wonder how the male member of the morning news team, Bob Bruce, handles it. If I had his job, I would need to take saltpeter before going to work. Lucky bastard.

Alas, The Triumvirate of Beauty is breaking up. This is the worst thing of this kind to happen since Shannen Doherty left Charmed. Fortunately, that show was saved by the addition of Rose McGowan to the cast. WPXI needs someone to do for the Morning News what Rose McGowan did for Charmed. But who could possibly take Newlin's place??

No comments: