Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Barry's Kids

It was very easy to vote for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004. Albert Gore and John Kerry were such obnoxious assholes that I considered my votes for GWB to be symbolic punches in the nose to those two honorable Senatorial gentlemen.

Barack Obama, for all of his insulting and divisive rhetoric, at least sounds like a decent human being when he is talking. Neither Gore nor Kerry could pull off the right tone. Unlike Gore and Kerry, Obama does not display the condescension worth of a punch in the nose.

The goofshits who support him are another matter, however.

I work at a place where there are a lot of 18-22 year olds, as well as a lot of professionals whose livelihood depends on public funding. Needless to say, you would almost think that Obama was running unopposed if you hung around the place for a while.

It's not just where I work, however. It's on Facebook. It's on the blogs. It's on the editorial pages of our nation's newspapers, as well as on our TV screens. It's on the fronts lawns all over my neighborhood. (What kind of exhibitionist needs five Obama bin Biden signs on his lawn, anyway?) It's in the opinion polls -- oh wait.

I never took part in any opinion polls. I don't have ANY signs in my yard. I don't give a shit what the media tells me to support. I keep my politics off of Facebook. My blog is anonymous and very small-time. In other words, my political views are well off the radar.

While it still looks like Obama's time to win it all, I still harbor hopes that I am representative of a silent majority that will put John McCain over the top. Whatever happens, the next few years are going to be quite a ride.

And I might just speak up if the Obamacrats make a big deal about the election results, come what may. The little dorks.

No comments: