Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I'm Number Five!

When I went to my polling place this morning at 6:45 AM, I was eighth in line. One minute later there were at least twenty people behind me. What good timing.

Five minutes later, one of the two honeys just ahead of me in line took off for parts unknown. I was now number seven in line.

Five minutes after that, another door opened up. The election people wisely decided to make the two districts enter through separate entrances. I was already at my district's door, but the honey in front of me and the guy she was talking to had to move to the other entrance. Now I was fifth in line.

Five minutes went by, and the Constable opened the door to let us in. Sure enough, when I signed in at the table, the Commissioner circled put me down as the fifth person to vote this morning.

In the FIFTH district of my borough

There must be some significance to the recurrence of the number 5 in all of this, but I couldn't possibly say what it might be.

No comments: